Sun, May 29|
Rockport Youth Fishing Tournament
The Rockport Fishing Expo on Memorial weekend will end with the Fin Addict Angler Foundation hosting a FREE Youth Fishing Tournament where the youth can sport their skills and enjoy the experience with family and friends. Sign up today!
Time & Location
May 29, 2022, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Rockport, 402 N Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport, TX 78382, USA
About The Event
If you would like to donate towards event expenditure or sponsor a prize, please contact Oscar Castillo Oscar@finaddictangler.org
Fin Addict Angler FoundationYouth Fishing Tournament Rules
[Game Fish and Non-Game Fish]
- Children must be registered by an adult, 18 years of age or older
- Age groups 3-10 and 11-16 years of age
- Children be the appropriate age for their division on the day of the tournament
- Must complete the registration form before you begin fishing
- Identification will be needed if age is protested or questioned so please have it available
Registration & Check In:
- This is a free youth fishing tournament;
- Registration starts at 8:30am. Online registration check in at 8:30am
- Complete the TPWD registration/waiver form
- Basic Angler rules will be given at time of registration.
- Tournament rules at 9:00am
- Children can begin fishing at 9:30a.m. and final weigh-in will end at 2:30pm.
- Fish caught before 9:30 a.m. or after 2:30 p.m. will not be eligible for judging.
- In order for a fish to be eligible for judging it must be alive!
- Winners will be announced at 3 p.m.
Tackle and Equipment:
- You must bring your own fishing gear, bait etc.
- Live, dead and artificial bait will be permitted.
- Each child will be allowed to have and use one pole at a time.
- It is illegal to use the following fishing methods: trot lines, jug lines, throw-lines.
- Please use fishing poles or cane poles in this tournament only, no nets or traps or any other method may be used in this tournament.
Fishing Location: For this tournament the child will be allowed to fish along the sea wall and off the pier behind the convention center.
Fishing Laws: This tournament will adhere to all State (TPWD) fishing rules. For TPWD rules go to their website. Game Fish size must be legal in order to be eligible for judging. Non-game fish can be any size.
- Excluding stingrays and hardheads from the tournament
Catch and Release: We encourage all fish to be released after judging.
Judging: Categories for judging are as follows:
- Each age group (3-10 and 11-16) will have 1st, 2nd, 3rd in both Game Fish and Non-Game Fish
All legal fish must be brought to the Judges table and recorded. You must be in line to be judged by 3:30 p.m. for the fish to be eligible for the tournament. All judges' decisions are final.
Prizes: Winners must be present at time of awards at 3:00pm. In case of unusual circumstances winner is not present, please inform Oscar Castillo prior departure. Prize must be picked up by 6 p.m. at the convention center. Compliment of TPWD, the TPWD educational material will be on site.
Rockport Fishing Tournament