Sat, Jul 22|
The Greenline Park (City Brooks Base) SA
"Setting the Hook" Youth Fishing Tournament at Greenline SA
FREE Community event for ages 5-16 First time tourney or experienced angler. Sponsored by the Greenline SA. Check-in time begins at 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm. Rules 5:00 am. Tournament 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Awards to follow.
Time & Location
Jul 22, 2023, 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
The Greenline Park (City Brooks Base) SA, 2532 Sidney Brooks, San Antonio, TX 78235, USA
About The Event
Participation and Eligibility
- Participation is open to the community for the following categories: Youth Divisions 5-10 & 11-16.
- Bring ID proof of age
- Adult must accompany the youth.
- Anglers use their own fishing gear.
- Each fish may only be submitted once.
- All fish must be caugh with rod and reel.
- Both artificial lures and live bait may be used approved by TPWD.
- Per TPWD children do not need fishing license age 16 and under.
- Adults without a fishing license may not fish only assist the child.
- Each angler will be given a unique identifier for the event.
- Each fish will be scored based on length in inches.
- Total inches fish-month closed and natural tail
- Fish will be measured to the nearest 1/4", rounding down.
- In case of a tie, the tie breaker will be based on the time the fish was turned in.
Each category will receive 1st and 2nd place for the Longest Single Bass, Longest Single Catfish, and Longest Single Sunfish. Adults must accompany the youth. This is a fun event for the youth to learn preservation and patience while appreciating nature and creating meaningful social bonds with fellow anglers.
Registration Time: 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tournament Rules: 5:00pm
Tournament: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Awards: to follow
Bring your favorite outdoor chairs, yummy snacks and drinks to enjoy throughout the event. We encourage sun protection and hydration and comfortable clothing suitable for weather conditions. Safety measures are encouraged: stay home if you are feeling ill, wash hands, keep distance and cover coughs/sneezes. We thank you for considering others.
Please contact Founder, Executive Director & volunteer TPWD Area Chief Instructor, Oscar Castillo at (210) 643-3396 or email info@finaddictangler for more information.
Setting the Hook
"Setting the Hook" is a FREE public exciting fishing event for ages 5-16 sponsored by Greenline SA. Registration check-in for online and onsite begins at 9 am and ends at 11 am. Come for a exciting fun day of free fishing lessons and bank fishing at the Greenline SA ponds.$0.00